March 8, 2017

Hello, World!


Ah, the dreaded first post.  What do I start with?  Do I dive right in with a 5000-word essay on how feminism and transgender ideology are fundamentally at odds?  Do I write a thesis on how the right of a woman to an abortion mirrors the rights of everyone, man or woman, to control their own bodies and lives?  Do I go on a liberal rant about Cheeto Voldemort, our pathological liar-in-chief?  Or do I just write a simple intro post introducing myself?  Oh the dilemma!

  •  
  •  
  •  

Oh wait, there's no dilemma.  I haven't written any of the serious stuff yet.  😋  Okay, intro post it is!

Hello, world!  I'm SnapDragon!  If, perchance, someone from a certain forum happens upon this blog and thinks to themselves, "Hey, I remember a rather argumentative gal who went by that name on the AN, and then the AN 2.0!  Could this be... ?"  Yes!  It is I!  I am that same SnapDragon!  For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, it was a now defunct debate forum I used to belong to, that mysteriously disappeared even after we were promised that it was not going anywhere. 😑  Y'all missed a good time.

Anywho.  I read a book on blogging before I started this thing, and it suggested writing out your goals for your blog in your very first post.  Here goes.

My aim is simple: to save the world (read in Bill Nye voice)!  More seriously, it's to enlighten, to pontificate, occasionally to rant, and hopefully to get some feedback on the various topics that pop up, whether in agreement or disagreement.  My goal for this blog is to either leave those who read it wiser, or to get schooled and become wiser myself.  Spreading knowledge, that's pretty much what this is about.

To that end, my (probably overly ambitious) intent is to post twice weekly, once on Wednesdays and once on the weekend.  Ideally, the weekend post will cover a more serious topic in depth and detail, while the Wednesday post will probably usually fall into the category of Miscellaneous Ramblings: short, sweet, and random.  This pattern may not hold strictly true for the first few months -- man, have I got a backlog of serious topics to write about.  Serious backlog.  I've been planning this thing for like six months, but life kept getting in the way.

Okay, that's a wrap.  Obligatory intro and goals post done.  Join me this weekend for the first of my serious posts!

⚞  SnapDragon ⚟